Friday 1 November 2013

My Last Day


Displaying photo.jpg
I am so sad to say that I have just had my last day of work.  A big buffet was put on right behind my desk and I chatted for way too long to my manager-the best manager I have ever met/worked for.  I was very kindly given $120 for Singapore as well as many sweet emails.  To say that I was a bit teary on my way to the hotel for the weekend is an understatement.  I only joined this team 18 months ago and have so many happy memories here.  I really think that I have been a bit spoiled by working in such a friendly place, lets hope my next employer will be as kind.
Displaying photo.jpg
I had to catch my old train and Mark would pick me up from the station like when we lived in Culsalmond.  He would then drive us to the hotel a couple of miles away.  The whole way to Insch I was wiping away tears on the very crowded train while carrying everything from my desk as well as a comically oversized leaving card.  It was so dark outside of the train the windows only reflected the inside of the train, so when I was attempting to hide I was merely weeping into a mirror!
After all of this moving about it is good to be looked after sometimes!
The hotel was better than I remembered and I even got to hang up some of the Halloween bunting I had received in a Halloween Swap with my swap partner on my other blog.  We had a most delicious supper in the cosy drawing room and Daisy once again had some fillet steak and steak burger as Mark and I both wanted to share our portions with her.
Displaying photo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment