Tuesday 22 October 2013

Finding some friends

Since finding out that Mark and I would be moving to Singapore I’ve taken it upon myself to read up on ways to meet people once out there.  Mark will have work and all of his new work friends, but I’m not walking into a job over there and remain a little bit frightened about meeting new people.  I’m naturally shy and with Mark being more confident than me I am normally very happy for him to go out and deal with things.

Now that we are about to find ourselves in a brand new country I will have to change.  Luckily I have had so much inspiration from many different blogs I’ve read about people finding friends abroad.  I don’t know how they did it, but it’s worked.  I can totally understand how people would form solid friendships when they are so far away from family and their own culture and really hope I can copy them.  So now, I guess, I just have to get out there.   

I have been looking at the British Association of Singapore which holds a coffee morning every so often and think that may be a good place to start.  Other than that I am fresh out of ideas…I may just be peeping out of windows trying to pounce on the neighbours when they are putting their rubbish out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment