Hello, Hello, Sheila here I thought I would actually do a post instead of lurking around just reading lots of Singapore blogs and letting Mark do all the writing. I have been extremely touched by some kind emails I have received whenever I have commented on peoples blogs. I have been given lots of advice, or more links to help us and offers of trips and tours so that I can start to find my way even though I’m far from family.
I thought I would list out some things I am excited about and worried about in the hope that all of the exciting things don’t disappoint and all of the things that cause concern turn out to be irrational…here goes:
Things I am worried about:
1. I really hope that I can start to meet people and form friendships, as I have a really good circle of friends here in Scotland.
2. I’m freaking out in case I ‘get’ culture shock and end up quite irrational. This post from The Expat Bostonians explains and I don’t want to look back at this amazing opportunity and remember being cross and unhappy.
3. Our little dog Daisy who I really hope doesn’t get too upset on the move.
|Our little cottage|
Things I am excited about:
1. The opportunity to travel to amazing destinations we would never have visited from Scotland. I can’t wait to take full advantage of the airport and ferry links.
2. Living in the biggest house I’ve ever stayed in.
3. Being in a big city.
4. Being able to save more money for wherever we eventually buy a home of our own.