Thursday 8 August 2013

A Book Review - Dan Brown's INFERNO

Okay, this blog is all about the run up to and arriving in Singapore. However, I am also including a few things about us, what we do, what we like and things like that. So, Sheila and I went to the library the other day to collect our reserved books. I collected Inferno and Sheila picked up Call the Midwife. 

I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Dan Brown fan (did I mention that I am a huge fan?) and couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. It had been reserved for a couple of weeks and I was on the waiting list. I collected it on Saturday at 11:30am. By 2pm I was unable to put it down, I was gripped!

I'm not going to give a synopsis of the story as I tend to give away all the twists and turns. However, if you have read any of Dan Brown's other books then this one is the best. I stopped reading with about 40 pages left the other nigh, I thought that everything have unravelled and the plot was out. Imagine my surprise as it continued to spiral one way then the other! A great great book worthy of a few days of solid reading!
In his international blockbusters The Da Vinci CodeAngels & Demons, and The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown masterfully fused history, art, codes, and symbols. In this riveting new thriller, Brown returns to his element and has crafted his highest-stakes novel to date.
In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology, Robert Langdon, is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history's most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces . . . Dante's Inferno.

Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante's dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust . . . before the world is irrevocably altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment